Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A7 fiberglass bodied Ulster Rep

Ok, not terribly correct I know but a friend has one that he may be selling, I'm tempted, any suggestions as to how much a tatty working rep would be worth with fiberglass body?

Re: A7 fiberglass bodied Ulster Rep

I would be inclined to value it by subtracting the price of an alloy/steel body from the "typical" value of a metal bodied replica. I reason that, if you had a GRP bodied car, you would eventually decide to rebody it in the correct material. Obviously the GRP body has some value, but that would be more than absorbed by your costs for time and effort when you changed it.

The value you then ascribe to the car would be more likely determined by how many other bits appear correct; right instruments? Right lamps? etc., etc.

Just my opinion, but might give you something to go on.

I might add that I think the GRP bodies are pretty good and if you just look on it as a cheap special for fun (but not VSCC fun), that's another approach to its value.

Regards, Stuart

Re: Re: A7 fiberglass bodied Ulster Rep

So somewhere abround the 5k mark would be reasonable (assuming an Ali bodied ulster is 7-8k?)