Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brooklands Light Car Club 1933 relay race

Interesting car, any ideas? Original caption, 1933 LCC Relay race, Brooklands

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: Brooklands Light Car Club 1933 relay race

The only 12C recorded in a LCC Relay Race was on 20 July 1935.This was Chaplins S/C TT car.Unless he owned two TT cars (he did own a S/C production Sports a couple of years earier)this would be GW 82.However I have not seen recorded that GW was fitted with a rad cowl,aeroscreen fairing ,head fairing and a full undertray.The car certainly looks like a TT car with distinctive tail and short bonnet,but there seems to be no blower lube filler of for that matter the pronounced petrol filler.If it is GW then 4 years latter when Lush owned the car the cowls etc had been removed.

Just had a thought what did he fix the aeroscreen fairing to.Too messy to fix to the tank which actually forms the shape of the scuttle.Did they move a tank into the cockpit a la 500 Mile Car and fit a ali skin instead.Would solve the fairing fixing and explain the apparent lack of oil and petrol fillers.

It appears that the team didn't finish the race as they aren't listed in the results.

There is a photo of 12B in The Motor, captions reads "M. B. Simpson (Riley Nine), being pushed off from the relay area".

To carry on the theme of mystery cars, how about this one;

1934 (July) Inter Club meeting (BARC) at Brooklands

Found it!

Looks like a modified (TT) Ulster to me.

1933 BARC "Final Meeting" at Brooklands.

If someone has a copy of Beatrice's book I'm sure something more can be found out about it...