Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 price

Mi father owns an austin 7 1928 ,we are planing to restorit for him,been quoted u$12000 the thing is how much a car like this would cost?

Re: Austin 7 price

Hi Juan, can't say prices really as need more detail on car. One thing that most people will agree on is that it is less expensive to buy a car that has been restored then to carry out restoration yourself. More people far more knowledgeable on 7's will be along soon I'm sure to offer more.

Hi Juan,
In England : Fully restored to original spec £7000/8000 GBP
Good solid runner all correct parts £5000/6000 GBP
Tatty runner £4000 GBP
Non running restoration project £2500/3500 GBP
This is only a guide as there are many variables with a particular car that could make it slightly more or less. Nevertheless it should give you some idea.

Juan,

Presumably this is a restoration to be done in the USA, and thus presumably any parts will more than likely need to be imported from the UK, that will add to cost.

I think most of us find, throughout the classic car scenne, that the cost of a full restoration is about twice the value of the car (or even more).

As it's a family car, then there is the added 'memory' value, which often has little relationship to sale value - I know, I have managed to reposese my first A7 I had in the 60's, the price was far in excess of it's true value, but I did get married in it, etc. etc.

So, true value, these cars have a higher value in the USA than here, true value is what you are prepared to pay for it, which sometimes is often far from what it's worth.

Sandy

Re: Re: Austin 7 price

Thank you very much for your help I did get more infomation

Thanks you very much that gives me a good idea of what to expect.

thank you very much for your help