Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
clutch lub

Another daft question about lubrication. When depressing the clutch I now hear a metalic squeal(not very loud)and I read somewhere about lubricating the clutch. It is a coil engine with a fourspeed gearbox. Could somone enlighten me on where and how etc...

Thanks Stephen.

Re: clutch lub

The clutch release bearing should be oiled according to the lubrication chart weekly, however that is a bit over the top probablly more like monthly or annually depending on useage. There is an access hole in the clutch bellhousing about 1" dia in front of the gear lever. Through this hole you will see the bearing bell mouthed oiling tube for you to apply your oil can to. If you operate the clutch pedal whilst looking in the access hole you will see the tube move forward. Just a few drops of oil-don't overdo it or the oil will get onto the clutch linings

Re: Re: clutch lub

Thanks for the help, I have owned the car for two years and never oiled this bearing will now try it

Stephen.