Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Engine underpan on AE tourer

Does anyone out there have a pattern or a drawing for the two long thin scoop shaped panels which fit to the lower edge of the front underbonnet valances on the AE chummy so as to form a sort of underpan? That's the best I can do with words, but if you look at Fig. 619 in the A7 Source Book they are the bits which appear on each side of the detachable transmission cover in the exploded view. My two-seater has the same arrangement, but I only have about one square inch of one of these bits left, which isn't much use for a pattern!

John

Re: Engine underpan on AE tourer

Hi John,

Are you describing the "flitch-plates".

If so I have some original ones of these in my workshop which I can photograph and post onto the Forum for you. Failing that I can make a full size cardboard pattern for you to copy, let me have your postal address if this is your preferred choice. I have made a set of new ones myself in this way, they are not complicated.

Keith Marriner of Metalwork Developments will also make you a pair, will post his contact details later.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Engine underpan on AE tourer

Thanks Ruairidh, the correct terminology at last! A photograph and a note of the basic dimensions would be great. I have enough rusty fragments for patterns for most of the rest of the steelwork, but I'm really stumped when it comes to these bits!

Thanks and best wishes
John