Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1929 Phoenix Park races

A few more photos have been put up and I have made a sensible list of the photos on the home page.

A couple of good ones of the Phoenix Park races in 1929.

Leave comments as you wish.

More coming soon!

Re: 1929 Phoenix Park races

Is the fabric bodied car a GE Stadium or a Mulliner or different??

Great photos.

Cheers

Ruairidh

My dad seems to think it could be a Taylor. (If you are referring to the 1929 Phoenix race car no 53.)

I do not think it is a Taylor. I think it is a Gordon England Staduim as mentioned.

I'm not so sure, comparing the two, the area between the windscreen and bonnet has different lines and there is no join below the door.

I am no expert on these things though... (I hadm't even heard of Taylor until yesterday!

My head is starting to hurt trying to work out the differences between all the "sports" models of this time.

All intriguing stuff none the less.

Certainly not a Mulliner. Keep 'em coming!

Never noticed this before but No50 seems to be running in high chassis form whereas Nos51&52 are in low chassis form.

Car number 50 is surely a SuperSports, with the upturned scuttle.

51 & 52 look like the "early type" TT cars and 53 is the fabric covered car, Gordon England? / Taylor??.

Austin,
Agreed it does have an upturned scuttle but it also has the inboard scuttle fuel and oil tanks that the Super Sport does not have.And why not fit lowered suspension?

I think I should go and find the article and see if anything is mentioned in there... I'm guessing that two of the cars are "works" entries and two aren't. Perhaps entered by Fergusons???

Will check tonight,I do know Ferguson ran a SS but that didn't have a full scuttle tank.