Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Semaphores AND flashing indicators

My Ruby has the standard semaphore indicators and I now want to add flashing indicators front and rear. My question is: Can I wire in a three spade flasher relay so that it operates off the original self-cancelling switch on the steering boss but leaves the semaphores still working? The switch is wired to the original four way junction box which then runs to the semaphores. I am trying to avoid having a separate switch for the flashers...

Re: Semaphores AND flashing indicators

Nick,
I think that, in order to use the existing switch, you will have to install two flasher units, one for nearside and one for offside. These can be connected to the existing semaphore indicator feeds. You may have to check loads if this circuit is fused.
Bryan

Re: Semaphores AND flashing indicators

Thanks Bryan. Much appreciated. It was only after posting the question that it dawned on me that the relay provides an intermittent current which the switch directs to either side. So to keep the semaphores from flapping at the rate of knots it would be necessary to feed separate left and right relays from the junction box... I'll give it a go.