Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Let there be light!

I wanted some Halogen bulbs for my car . So I picked up a prevous post on our forum recommending Paul Gooff .www.norbsa02.freeuk.com oi494868218. A really helpful guy. What became evident when I looked at the order and price list page, was the wide range of electrical pruducts That would interest us. Have s look.

Re: Let there be light!

Mac, probably best if you just address him as Paul!

Add my endorsement to Mac's, purely as a satisfied customer. Have not yet tried his little circuit board with LEDs, designed so it will fit an A7 rear lamp, I believe, being of 38mm diameter. Have a look at the bottom of his LED page to find it. Interested to hear a user report.

Regards, Stuart

Re: Re: Let there be light!

Goffy's LED conversion boards, mentioned by Stuart and Mac, for stop-and-tail lamps can only be described as 'brilliant'.

Show really well to the vehicle behind, even in daylight.

Best of all they release some precious and much needed amps for use at the front of the car. The head-lights certainly seem brighter since I carried out the change.

Mike

Paul Goff is at ...

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/index.htm

Re: Re: Re: Let there be light!

I wrote some bits on that a coule of weeks ago under LEDs. THe only problem I had was that the rear LED board is 38mm dia and the inside of my standard LUCAS light fitting is 35. A bit of careful board and LED edge shaving and it is a snug fit. Only thing I would say is that the design has changed a bit. LEDs only really shine out of the front and the white LEDs for the number plate on the web site picture are shown as 'sideways' to shine across the number plate. But the current ones have all white and red LEDS facing straight out the back, so the amount of white light which actually reaches the number plate is reduced.