Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ards TT circuit in 8mins 45 seconds

A little film of a lap of the Ards TT circuit.

Done by dad, (Graham Harris). It has been speeded up to match racing speeds as much as possible, must have been a great circuit to drive.

We couldn't work out where Waite crashed though, anu ideas?

Re: Ards TT circuit in 8mins 45 seconds

Hi, I live about six miles from the circut and drove it in my 1931 two seat A7 tourer recently and it took me about 30 mins it was great fun, thanks for showing me some of the shortcuts that the original cars took.

Stephen.

I forgot to put the map up as well;

If you go to 6 minutes 59 seconds on the Youtube film you'll see a gap in the hedge, just after a fairly sharp right. The area is full of modern car detritus, plastic bumpers, mirrors, etc. I suspect it was here that Waite was also caught out. My guess is that he understeered into the bank like they still do. It's after Ballystockart and just before Dundonald.

Re: Re: Ards TT circuit in 8mins 45 seconds

I was passenger in an Ulster Imp in the 86 celebration, we were able to drive through Newtonards square (albiet with sandbanks over the pavements). This summer I bored the wife and kids during their summer holidays by driving the course again. Going down Bradshaws Braye is still amazing even in a modern hired Peuguot with cries of "are we there yet?"