Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wheels.......

Good Evening everyone,

I was given a set of four 19" wheels with my purchase of an Austin 7.

The existing wheels on my Austin were 17" so assuming they were for an Austin 7 I put them on Ebay as they were better off belonging to someone else than me....

It was after putting them on their I was informed/discovered that they were not as I thought....

Please look at the pics and give me any ideas as to what they belong to...

Many thanks.

Nathan

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Re: Wheels.......

Nathan,

Could be morris, what does the other side look like?

Regards

Rob

I too would like to see the other side. If they're Morris they'd be late 1928 - 1932 O.H.V Minor or 1931 S.V. Minor models all of which had small centre 3 stud 350 x 19" wheels. From the photographs though, they look a bit too beefy / spokes a bit heavy duty to be Minor wheels which had a similar very light weight spindly appearance to 19" Seven wheels. The 1931 to 1933 S.V. Minors had 19" Magna type wheels and Morris Eights have 6 stud 450 x 17" Magna type wire wheels.

Jeff

Gents,

I believe the wheels are from a Triumph Super 7.

Re: Re: Wheels.......

Thanks Hedd: It's nice to know what these wheels are for. I have had one for years, only because, half-buried in a hedge with its stainless steel centre glinting in the failing light, it looked just like an A7 wheel. Never seem to find bits in hedges these days....

I had 4 of these wheels made for an early austin seven racer project I have shelved ... details on Our Sales and Wants

Sorry for not responding sooner, I have not been able to get to a computer to respond, please find below a picture of the other side of the wheel.

Thanks

Nathan

Click to enlarge.

Nathan,

See - Re Wheels - Ken Morton - October 22, 07 - 11:31 AM for the answer to your query.

Jeff.

These wheels appear to be from a 1932 Austin Ten. This I know as I have a Ten from that year