Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Wheels

Are you sure they are not from an early Austin 10.It looks very Austin to me.

Re: Re: Wheels

Pictures of the Triumph Super Seven show much smaller centres (not shrouding the drums and similar to the West London special wheels for the A7) than on the mystery wheels, so that one's out. I don't know about early A10s. Here's a picture of the other side which may help:

John

Re: Re: Wheels

John,

Although they are indeed similar the Morris Minor wheels described in my earlier post, the rear centres shrouding the drums appear to be of a wider diameter than those of a Minor. Also your wheels have a total of 18 spokes laced to the small centre, whereas I'm pretty certain Morris Minor's only have 12. The gauge of the spokes also looks heavier - this seems to suggest to me that they're off a slightly larger horse power / heavier car altogether.

Jeff

Re: Re: Re: Wheels

I once had a very early Austin Ten Here in New Zealand. The Wheels were 3 Stud and looked Identical to that Pictured, I think thats what they are from-Steve Hainsworth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wheels

now I've seen the other side, yes, they are 100% certain off a chrome rad Austin 10