Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sun Visors for Mk I Ruby

Does anyone know what the standard sun visor was for a Mk Ruby?

I have seen at various times sun visors that are glass (with a tint) on a chrome bracket or solid (presumably plywood) covered with leather/rexine.

There is a glass one on ebay right now, which is correct?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Re: Sun Visors for Mk I Ruby

Gary

I think the glass one, my dad has one to go in his early 35 ruby.

It was probably an accessory.(???)

Dad has also managed to find a pair of rubber covered rear passenger foot rests (definately an optional extra) they bolt on to the back of the tool boxes under the seat and can be folded away under the seats. They have the austin winged badge in the centre and a ribbed surround in the style of the running boards.

Regards

Rob

I have had and fitted both. The smoked glass ones seem to be more in evidence. The covered one is a frame that has rexine type material sewn on it. the last time I brought a glass one it was £40. let us know what the ebay one makes .

Hi Rob,

are the foot rests from a Big 7 by any chance, I have a feeling i've seen them in this context??

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Sun Visors for Mk I Ruby

The footrests may well have been fitted to Big Sevens, but they were fitted to Rubies, as an extra. My '38 Ruby has the holes already drilled to fit them. All I need is to find a pair.

Re: Re: Re: Sun Visors for Mk I Ruby

Ruairidh,

The as Dave says the holes are already in the tool boxes so it must be a ruby accessory although was probably available for the big sevens also. The first time i saw them was in the green Mk1 pearl now owned by the Lathams. Picked the pair up at an autojumble probably 10 years ago now. The guy selling them had been using them as a bit of a novelty item and was refusing to sell them unless the prospective buyer new what they were. He was a bit amazed that i knew given that i was only about 15 at the time!

Regards

Rob

I am owner of a derelict Ruby Mk 1 body without chassis but with the same glass sun visor that is offered in ebay (No. 110184659403)The seller maintains that the bracket that screws to the roof lining is easy to make. That is untrue. This missing item is well constructed, fine casting with a special butterfly nut.

regards H.

ebay item 110184659403 for a glass sunvisor sold for £12.00 plus P & P, has bracket missing as referred to in the above post - doesn't seem to be over-priced!