Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Winter storage

Although I have an almost new purpose made timber garage my car last winter still had the dreaded condensation problems. It seems the only thing to do is purchase one of the 'storage bubbles' to overcome this problem. Although I have asked elsewhere for opinions and experiences using these has anyone here also have an view on them?

Re: Winter storage

David,

Have no experience of storage bubbles, but have been an advocate of electrically powered dehumidifiers for many years. I can recommend those manufactured by Ebac in Bishop Auckland, County Durham - a company local to me - they manufacture both domestic and industrial machines ( a domestic machine should be fine for a garage). The first one I bought from them lasted 20 years without a single fault. see www.ebac.co.uk

If you want to try before you buy, most large tool hire shops, for example HSS - they have branches all round the country, will hire you one short term.

Jeff.

David,

Just a thought ! Why not use it during the winter rather than store it, I am sure that A7's are better for being used. A friend of mine uses a 'bubble' to store his car, but it sometimes prevents him using during the 'storeage' period as it would have to be dried off completely before being put back into the bubble.

Good luck with your quest !

Malcolm

Tempted to agree about using, also my late farther in law found that his car stored in the garage use to rust etc a lot quicker than the rest of the family's who had to store theirs outside, something probably to do with the wind drying them off etc.

I know yours are totaly outside, mine is under a car port, as you may have noticed in the rain on Dartmoor this weekend, it still looks OK, although we will see what the MOT has to say this Tuesday!

Sandy

Re: Re: Winter storage

All I can say is use it use it and use it!!

Chris

Hi David
The only cure for condensation is ventilation,open all the windows and the roof, and once a week give your garage a "Blow through" it works and it doesn't cost anything!

Thanks for the interesting views guys, I do use my vintage car during winter, even my open top with hood down, nothing better But I still want to use a bubble for those non use days/weeks. Have decided to go for the tent bubble which enables a car to be driven in/out without any hassles. I let you know in the Spring what I think of it.