Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paint shine

Is it true that cellulose paint should not be shiney but a rather more matt appearance? for the authentic 1930 look.

Re: Paint shine

I am not sure about a matt surface! many of the old books suggest that with cellulose one could 'dust' off the dirt with a dry cloth because of the hard surface and then simmple rubbing would polish the surface to a nice shine. My own preferance is a finish that desen't look too overdone in the shine, one that is cared for but not too fussy! but then that is only my personal preference.

So, I'm putting to much elbow grease in the mix then, Malcolm.

Sandy

Cor! not to sure about rubbing dust off like that, resprays costing what they do By now I may be giving the impression that I'm rather too focused on looking after my old bird, what with a car bubble for the winter an all.

I have a tendency to just "show" it an oily rag very now and then!

(I was never very interested in cleaning and polishing though!)

Everything on the TT ,engine,wheels ,chassis and body gets a rub over with old Castrol R40 soaked rag every couple of months or so.The car never sees metal polish neither for that matter does the Chummy.Bound springs on the TT get a squirt of old R every 3/4 months.

Sorry am putting up a reply to Peter Allen and typed up his name in wrong place

And there I was thinking that you were leading us on a wild goose chase David!