Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Robin here, Wiring

Hi gang, how are you all,well this is a bit of an update on my seven, got the new battery and it turns over a bit better than it did, had the steering box out and fitted the new tubes for ignition and gas with the new linkages, distributor now turns freely, run the new wires in for the horn and yes it works has well, brilliant, these light fairly warm days are a blessing, now the rub,, I now find that a lot of the wiring insulation is breaking down and is going powdery with age especially around the regulator and cutout box and under the dashboard, so here is the question yep you've guessed it, a new loom is probably in order, so any thoughts on where this can be sourced and wether a braided one is best, any tips are greatly appreciated, best wishes to you all, Robin

Re: Robin here, Wiring

Hi, Robin,
what seven do you have? if it a ruby, then you will be able to get one of the shelf from the seven workshop
good luck,
Jon

Re: Re: Robin here, Wiring

Hi Robin,
I recently re-wired my 2seat tourer using a wiring Dia. from EA7C website and buying the cotton braided wiring from The wiring harness company. I used slightly oversized wire and now have execellent charging and headlights even on 6 volt, also soldered all wire ends and terminals, If I can do it it is not too difficult

Stephen.

Re: Wiring

For hints on improving the performance of 6V electrics, follow this link to the Vintage Knowledge website.

David

Re: Re: Wiring

Robin,

Have a look at www.autosparks.co.uk. They made me a custom wiring loom incorporating the features described in David Cochranes link. They were very helpful and the cost wasnt much more than a standard Ruby loom.

Dave Griffith