Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HELP, so many questions so little time!

Hi all

Bit fo Background
My father bought a A7 ruby MK1 in 1988, it has had an interesting being owned by an estate and the only trips it made was a yearly pilgrimage to scotland, it even has snowchains, the car was used for 4 years before the war and was used as a runaround on the estate until 1945 it then ended in in a heated garage intil 1988 when the estate was sold, it was in remarkable and origional condition, and started and drove fine with just new fuel. This car was dismantled and the paid was faided and was repained by my father in 1990/1, but he lost enthusiam and has been stored (would you believe in a heated garage) for a futher 15 years so it has stayed about perfect. When he moved house recently he attached the wings and bonnet and she fired, but the clutch was seized not a problem. anway before i go waffling on my father is now moving to the states and has decided to give me the A7 as I help with it when he first got it in 1988 unti I left home in 1992 (I was 1 I lve this car and it has its origional reg, and all the interior inclding the healining isperfect and will be a great car. Unfortunately he took no photoes when he dismantled it so I was wndering if anyne could help with the following questions

1. I am going to collect the car in mid december but i have no dimentions, dad is away until then, could someone help me max withe, height and lenth, and track as well, wuld it go inside a hi top long wheelbase sprinter?
2. Has anyone got a 1935 ruby mk1 for reference nearby myself in Taunton, or know of a club that could help.
3. Has anyonw got any photoes for a restoration they have done that might help me with things like interior and details.

All help is really apprechiated, I want to get the car back on the road for easter next year and havng restored a AH sprite and a IMP previously this should be no prob as all the bit are there, however except for my 20 year memory, I don't know where all the bits go !!!

Re: HELP, so many questions so little time!

Hi Martin, I have sent you an email. Ian Moorcraft Membership Secretary Bristol A7 Club

Re: Re: HELP, so many questions so little time!

Hi Martin. Ian's suggestion the best, meantime see if http://www.justinbanks.com is still "On air", if so, many very good photos of a Mk.1 Ruby. Good Luck & Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: Re: Re: HELP, so many questions so little time!

Thanks all