Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
History of YP 7852. Chummy in Iceland

Ho Austin Seven frends
Had a fine result in the caburattor problem. Thank you all. But does anyone know any history of my 1926 Austin Chummy.
Orginal English plates YP 7852.
The car was in Florida in a private collection of the late Mr.Sam Del Russo.
He had the car from Dr. Lawrence J Friedman at Big Kids Toys, INC in Sarasota Florida, date 11/8 1994. From there the history of the car is not known to me.
I had the car in 28/09. 2005 from the estate of Mr Russo.
It was running, color was purple, and I had it in that winter of 2005 - 2006 for total nut amd bolt restoration. It is now in fine order and I use it a lot in summer time.
The number plates from England YP 7852
Engine Nr. is 23066, chassis 23020. Gearbox, axle, and body shell are orginal, I belive. The car had been restored before, and painted purple, but I belive the orginal color was light brown
The car is now painted BRG and the number plates on the chummy in Iceland is GB-1926.
It is the only Austin seven in Iceland.
Does anyone know any history?
Thank you.
and,
Best regards
Bragi Gudmundsson,
Iceland
gr8@simnet.is

Re: History of YP 7852. Chummy in Iceland

Hello Bragi,
An old Austin Seven Database has the following information most of which you know,
YP 7852
No 23066 not sure if chassis or engine, body number A3-2908?
Colour Biege/Black
Sold at auction 1980
1989 Dr L J Lawrence Friedman, 384 South Shore Drive, Sarasota, Florida 34234, USA
Pre 1988 Mr James MacGreggor, Luty, Florida

That is all.

A3-2908 would be the Car No, and should be found on a circular plate on the passenger door pillar. A3-2908 is probably the correct Car No. for your Chummy, as it fits into the (slightly odd) relationship sequence between Car and Chassis numbers for the A3 series of Car numbers. The body number is stamped on the propshaft tunnel, just behind the handbrake cover.

David

Thank you so much.
This is more informations tha I had before.
My Cummy Nr, are from the front of chassy and the side of engine.
Best regards.
B Gudmundsson