Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rpm

I have started to get more confidence in my 7 and am using it more and more over my modern car

How hard can one rev a 7 engine, i had a moment of just over 50mph and am worrying about the level my engine revs at to get a decent amount of road speed through the gears when needed

Re: rpm

Iain I should not worry about the revs in top if you have std engine despite the din you are only turning the motor at around 3500rpm at 50mph, most with old cranks are good for 4500+ I hope!
Chris

I thrash the engine in my Cup on trials and that only has a standard spit and hope crank. Dread to think what revs it pulls, but the pedal is hard to the floor in 1st

Ian,

what gearbox are you using?

I have an Excel spreadsheet that gives all the variants for the different ratio's (I think) relative to road speed and/or engine rev's - I must check it is all singing and dancing.... The new brew in the pub tonight seems OK !!!!!!!!! must get the dog to walk me past there again tommorrow.

Sandy