Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
oil pressure

hi,ihave just aquired a 37 ruby.which has been stood a while.freed off sticking valves and she fired up.(just as a confidence booster before i strp it)oil pressure is about 1psi at idle up to 5psi with a few revs.is this normal or do i need to be investigating further.ps it sounds really sweet with no rattles.thans chris.

Re: oil pressure

Hi Chris,
Sounds just right to me! Leave well alone for the time being. "Why fix it if it ain't broke?"
John

My '36 Ruby gives about 10lbs pressure from cold start but within five minutes runs at 1-2lbs at tickover and about 4-5lbs on the move. Sounds like yours is behaving properly.

No experience with Ruby's I'm afraid, presumably with the 3 bearing engine; but I used to have a 1931 RM Box that shot up to 30 PSI at start up and settled back to 5 PSI when hot.
I would agree with others, leave well alone for now.

Regards
Brian

Re: Re: oil pressure

Just get it legal and use it !
Chris

thanks for the info i will just remove the valves clean them up,grind in and leave well alone then

Chris,

Sounds like your already begining to tinker!

Sandy

hi i have now got the vaves sorted out. is there a torque setting for the head as the little book i have just says tighten up iam waiting for the austin seven companion book to arrive but would like to get this back together asp.ps sorry sandy but i have always been a tinkerer!