Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TT Propshafts

When I bought my TT it had a propshaft with a fabric joint at the gear box end and a Hardy Spicer UJ at the back with 6 bolt fixing.The shaft was definatly for a short chassis and was made that way ie it had not been shortened.However we agreed at the time that for 1931 it should have a pot UJ,which was fitted.Subsequentley the Canadian TT has come to light and that also has the Hardy Spicer UJ.Its now my intention to fit mine back to my car.
Does anyone know of any other shafts like this or were they a works precursor of the Type 65.

Re: TT Propshafts

David,

Do you mean the same hardy spicer joint as on the late box saloons (late 33 early 34) with the tin pot cover? (shorter shaft obviously).

If i remember correctly your car was still being used by the works at this time as a development car so it would make sense if they retro fitted it with the new part.

Regards

Rob

I notice that the usual drawing of a Duck chassis (eg in Wyatt) shows a Carden pot. I wonder if Waite's single seater (the one Campbell took to the USA) made the experimental dept. look for a better UJ?
Perhaps Grant can tell us what Ducks had?
Regards, Stuart

Stuart,
Martin's Duck has Hardy Spicers but that is to be expected with the updating by Van Reit.

Yes Rob a HS with the tin cover.

John Suttons 100mph/Duck etc. Looks like a 6 hole Hardy Spicer flange to me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket