Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
eBay A7 but NOT A7 speedos !

Couple of speedos offered on eBay as Seven ones at the moment.
Look little like I have ever seen fitted to a Seven, and one has several bids on it.
Poor buyer !

Re: eBay A7 but NOT A7 speedos !

last night a austin seven companion book went for £40.50 !! thats a poor buyer.

Cliff - One of those Ebay listings is probably mine. Please check out item 110201499219. This speedo was fitted in my A7 Special when I got it and I have seen many others like it fitted in standard A7's. If you (or anyone on the Forum) think it is not original A7 please let me know as I have no desire to, even inadvertantly, mislead anyone.

Thanks

Nick

Nick,

I have what I believe to be a Seven RP speedo, it has the number 371695 stamped into the rear casing adjacent to the threaded stud for the fixing bracket, it looks identical to your 80 MPH one. These same Smiths Magmo speedo's were also fitted to early Morris Eight's - late 1934 to late 1935.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff. I take it the Morris and Austin versions were pretty well identical?

Nick,
No, yours is not either of those I mentioned.
I think you have offered a genuine RP or early Ruby, or possibly Morris 8 speedo.
Cliff

Re: Re: eBay A7 but NOT A7 speedos !

looks like the ones fitted to early rubys there is a good picture of one on page 61 of the original austin seven by rinsey mills

Ron