Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sevens on the Big Screen

Hi

It is always interesting to see Austin Sevens in films, both period and modern.

I have just watched the film "Hell Drivers" (1957), which features a Ruby in a few of the road shots.

When I looked to see if there was any reference to it being in the film, I found the site Internet Movie Cars Database (http://imcdb.org/) which has this car and a few more pictured on it!

Regards

Colin

Re: Sevens on the Big Screen

Colin,

What a splendid site. Thanks for pointing it out.

Five good pics of Swallows for that particular fancy.

Mike

There is a series of videos, probably also DVD's, called 'Saturday Morning Pictures' - The best of the Children's Film Foundation.

The one relavent to us is 'The Adventures of HAL 5'.
Copyright 1957, but seems to be a bit earlier than that, typical ex RAF pilot gets rid of A7 etc etc, small boy.....blah blah. But basically the adventures of HAL 5 from poorly car to being loved again!!!!! Speedo readings jump about, lovely clear/empty roads etc.

Just read the cover notes "..A very old Austin 7 with great character is found by two children and bought by their uncle, the Vicar, but the garage proprietor conceals HAL's faulty transmission. This leads to surprising developments". "Story based on 'HAL 5 and the Haywards' by Henry Donald.

Oooops sorry, it's an AD tourer, I think, cannot see the bonnet length on cover photo, and I'm not in the mood to pop it in the video at the moment.

Sandy

Re: Re: Sevens on the Big Screen

Just to add slightly to Sandy's thorough details.
Hal 5 features on Vol 1. I have just found the DVD on Amazon and purchased a copy for £3.89.

Gordon

Love the Gordon England Cup in The Rocket Bus but the date of 1927 for Nation on Wheels must be wrong.

This one looks interesting, (and unloved!);

Click pic for link to page.

Danny Champion of the World has a nice red box saloon with some shots of exterior and interior including the PA speedo but cant remember if the needle was wavering all over the place like mine!

The number plate is also in shot but cant remember it I'm afraid