Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RL Saloon - In Columbia (South America)

I'm aware that a couple of people to do with A7's (and contibute to this forum) have received pictures of an RL Saloon for sale in Columbia and forwarded to me - especially appreciated by me with a dial up connection (Broadband has problems with me!).

Now to say the car is perfect is an understatement, why it will even put Steve Baldwin's car in the Cornwall Club to shame, and those fellow club members who have seen each little part of Steve's car caressed and lovingly fettled etc, will know that his car will be better than ex. works.

I'm not sure where it will imerge in the sales listings, but when it does stand back.

However there are one or two savers for those of use who like to nit pick, the side scuttle ventilators open to the front and the starting handle hangs straight down, well nothing's perfect, oh and the winscreen wiper mechanism is a joy to behold.

I would copy pictures, but one, it never seems to work for me and two, they may be copyright.

Sandy

Re: RL Saloon - In Columbia (South America)

Hi Sandy, it almost looks like a car built in the 1990's to look like a 1930's car, a little OTT for my taste and the sort of car that only comes out on dry days on a trailer, It would be a shame to get that light coloured paint under the wings dirty !

Interesting what they have done with the door glass, because the wheel arch cutaway in the door stops the glass from going right down they have made the glass narrower and added what looks like a fixed quarter light at the back odf the door window opening, actualy a good idea !

I wonder if you can eat your dinner off of the engine ? I think I will stick with Steve's car anyday ( even with the SU carb. ! )

Malcolm

You had copies too.....!!!!!!

OTT, but that's what the A7 hobby's about, each to their own, but imagine that being allowed out of the garage, let alone off that support mechanism, presumably it's there so the tyres will not get flats?

Sandy

Re: Re: RL Saloon - In Columbia (South America)

Is there a web address for these pictures so that we can all share the joke?

Mike

I have modified my door glasses on my RL to allow them to retract fully to sill level. (Because I couldnt get my arm out so easily to give the hand signals!)

I think the standard RL door glass has a 'cut-off' corner to allow the window to clear the wheel arch shape and open fully. Mine has.
Bryan

Mine hasn't, and as the glass and door trim was all original before the restoration I han confidently say it never did

Err! Have i missed something here?

Information from Source Book
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Perhaps that is so, but mine didn't, it even had two little dints where the corner of the glass had been hitting the curved part of the door. They are still there

Here, for your delectation, is the "Columbian Box Saloon"....

And as for Bryan confusing us with facts...you should be ashamed of yourself man...our minds are made up!!!

Cheers

Ruairidh

Whats all the fuss about?

All it needs is running down a muddy Cornish lane and a good wipe over with an oily rag and it would be a good car .

Steve

p.s Dont like the tyres.

Life really is to short for that sort of thing!

(It does appear to be missing a bit as well - drivers side window winder).

The owner having forgotten where all the bits go after the Marathon restoration,has attached it to the windscreen. Best place for it. I hope Steve Baldwin doesnt know that his car is being favourably conpared to this work of art.?

you would have thought they would have cleaned it.if you zoom in 200% on the first picture im shure thats bird muck on the n/s/f wing

I saw Steve Baldwin tonight, but somehow forgot to mention the car! Probably a good thing

Steve.