Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RL/RM Saloon Sunroofs

I have recently inherited the bones of a 1931 RL saloon (March) Which to my delight has most of the roof Framing for the Sunshine Roof, in good enough condition to copy.However the Sliding roof panel itself is missing and wonder if someone on the other side of the planet has drawings/photos or a car which has this roof. I do know they are Quite different to the Long Wheelbase Saloon. I have a Jan 1931 saloon (R M 288) which had this sunroof when Manufactured , but has since been altered. These roofs are very rare here in New Zealand. The source book has a couple of photos of R L and R M saloons with this feature. The metal Runners/ Drainage Channels are there,but it is not apparent where the water goes from themat the front peak area. Can anyone Help?

Re: RL/RM Saloon Sunroofs

Steve,
Look at Ebay item 320195561563.

Re: Re: RL/RM Saloon Sunroofs

Thanks for that. -If I win the auction would someone measure and draw it, and perhaps send the fittings to me here in N Z ?- it would cost heaps to ship it to N Z!

Re: Re: Re: RL/RM Saloon Sunroofs

With so many RL/RMs around, I'm disappointed to note that no-one has volunteered to give our Kiwi friend some measurements. How about it, Friends? Cheers, Bill in Oz