Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
number plate on basic ARQ ruby

I removed the bumpers of my ARQ ruby as they are in very bad condition and have been quite taken with the looks of the basic version with out bumpers

Does any one have a good photo showing how the number plate is mounted to the front panel

Iain

Re: number plate on basic ARQ ruby

The bumpers always held the number plate never on any of the front panels
jon

Re: Re: number plate on basic ARQ ruby

Standard models only had bumpers as an optional extra. I think some had reg,nos. on the apron.

Hi Iain,

There's a cover photo and four page article in the May 2007 edition of Practical Classics showing the restoration of a standard model Ruby without bumpers, the number plate appears to be attached to the apron by a couple of bolts in similar fashion to the number plates on 1935-38 Series I & II Morris Eight front aprons.

Jeff.

Re: Re: number plate on basic ARQ ruby

My friend Rob van Ingen of the Dutch A7 Club has a standard model Ruby. The front number plate bolts to the front apron - and yes, I think it looks better that way as well.

STEVE

Re: Re: Re: number plate on basic ARQ ruby

For photos of Rob's car, go to

http://www.austinseven.nl/index_Auto's.html

and click on ARQ Fixed Head

STEVE

fantastic steve! those are lovely pictures and the look i am going for!

Number plate now on the front with no bumper and looks fantastic

used two lengths of metal similar to the bumper brackets and atached them to the old bumper mount, then sculpted them round to fit behind the number plate, add a spot of weld and all down