Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help to Color for Opal

Who can say the ral colors (Numbers) to me for the following colors
1. Royal Blue with blue fine lines
2. Ash Grey with grey fine lines
3. Maroon with red fine lines
for a Austin Seven Opal
Tank you for Help

Re: Help to Color for Opal

Hi Christian,

Although the RAL system of colour classification has, I believe, been around since the late 1920's, it isn't widely known in the UK outside of British Industry - didn't it originate in Germany? I can't recall having ever seen British Car Manufacturers original colours of the 1920's to 1940's described in print by either their BS (British Standard) or RAL numbers. Infact I doubt if paint was classified by the B.S.I. prior to 1945.
I believe the only way to answer your question, would be for a forum member with access to a full RAL colour shade card to compare the shades against known original A7's painted in the three colour schemes you describe and then suggest the nearest RAL numbers.
Having specified powder coated signage in a 'Maroon' colour in the recent past, I seem to recall two standard RAL shades that could reasonably be described as maroon - numbers 3003 and 3004, although 03 was a touch too red, 04 a touch too brown!

Not much help I'm afraid.

Jeff.

Re: Re: Help to Color for Opal

Hello dear Austin of friends. Property me now times intensively on the search made and in the Internet the following data found, perhaps interresiert it also different one.

Color / Combination/ Percentage

Black
Black/ 100

Kingfisher Blue
White/ 70
Monastral Green/ 18
Monastral Blue/ 7
Black/ 5

Dark Royal Blue
Prussian Blue/ 95
Black/ 3
White/ 2

Maron
Granet Maroon/ 46
Turkey Red Oxide/ 33
Black/ 10
White/ 9

Auto Brow
Black/ 44
Yello Oxide/ 33
Turkey Red Oxide/ 21
White/ 2

Primrose
White/ 83
Chrome Yello/ 17
Black/ a trace

Elephant Grey
Black/ 50
White/ 37
Yello Oxide/ 12
Monastral Green/ 1

Re: Re: Re: Help to Color for Opal

Anyone who has tried to match Black will wonder at: Black 100% in the table, along with White surly the hardest to match!