Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recommend a book please

i have posted a couple of time and the answrrs have always been helpful, i am now i contact with other members locally.

I would like some help in best books to purchase, my 1935 a7 ruby arq is in parts and I have very little reference pictures, some things make sense, but I am struggling with the more technical items and need somthing to refer too. A Good book with pictures would be a great start and maybe some kind of technical manual, could anyone recommend one?

Re: Recommend a book please

i have got Original Austin Seven by Rinsey Mill and there are some very detail pictures but no real technical stuff

also have the austin seven source book and austin seven companion that have some good article in

Iain

I've found the best one for mechanical help is "The Austin Seven Manual" by Doug Woodrow published by Mercury Vintage Services in Wisbech but don't buy a highly priced one from eBay.
e-mail is woodrow@mercuryvintage.freeserve.co.uk

try a7c.co.uk. they have most books at reasonable prices.(click on catalouge then miscellaneous)also on is free to download original spare parts lists.as mentioned before DO NOT BUY OF EBAY

Re: Re: Recommend a book please

All 3 books mentioned above available now at 7 Workshop. 01225 868696.

Looooooong ago I asked our 'Leaders/Management' for a fixed FAQ's page, the answers would have been on there.

Companion from the 750MC at approx. £12.50 + p&p.
Manual's about £42.50 Now.
Rinsey Mill's Book was £19.50, but I think now around £27.50 as it's out of print.

Sandy

I've seen it mentioned somewhere recently, possibly a publishers website, that Rinsey Mills book 'Original Austin Seven' - currently out of print, is to be re-printed sometime in 2008.

Jeff

Jeff is correct. Apparently the book is being republished in April 2008. This is the link on Amazon to pre-order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Austin-Seven-Restorers-Passenger/dp/1906133050/ref=pd_sbs_b_img_5

I bought a copy of Rinsey Mills book, Original Austin Sevens, which is super, from the Seven Workshop just before Christmas. They have them in stock, no need to pre-order and wait... just get one now, mine arrived in the post the very next day.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Re: Re: Recommend a book please

Thanks all, very helpful, will let you knwo what i get

Re: Re: Re: Recommend a book please

Just ordered books from seven workshop, which i had not come across before a great place for spars etc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommend a book please

Martin, In addition,if you're interested, email me direct with your postal address & I can send you gratis photo copy of a Ruby Body Parts Book, albeit for the Mk.2 Ruby, but most items same as yours. Cheers, Bill in Oz