Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Which paint

I have just discovered that the fabric section of the roof of my Swallow saloon is incorrect. I now understand that this section should be black, unlike mine which is the same as the wings and upper body colour. The roof is fine with no leaks or problems but of course my discovery has made me feel the need to put things right (maybe next year now). But which is the best way forward, I assume the fabric has been painted with cellulose, repaint with black cellulose or replace fabric? If I have the fabric replaced is this likely to be a fairly expensive job. I have also discovered that the smokers hatch has been set in back to front so that can be put right at the same time.

Re: Which paint

Not sure exactly what you mean by cellulose paint, but there are on the market excellent paints for re-coating vinyl etc. They work well on upholstery, so should be good for your roof. Unless of course you decide to thatch over the lot. Good Luck, Cheers, Bill in Oz.

Thats an idea I had'nt thought about, I shall give that a try, should be flexible enought not to crack.
Thanks Bill.

Or maybe I could use an good adhesive and glue a new section over the top?
What would you do?

Re: Re: Which paint

Paint it. If unhappy with it after a few years, then think plan B. Cheers, Bill in Oz