Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Antiques Roadshow

Just seen someone on the Roadshow with a 31 saloon - dark blue/black - didn't note the number but there was a Bexhill 100 sticker in the windscreen.

Is it anyone on here?

Re: Antiques Roadshow

I saw the same one. The registration was YD 3317. He said it was a barn find in Cornwall,about a year before the programme was made, and that it had been restored there and then brought to Bexhill. I can't see it on the register.
Richard Tatton

Hi
I met YD 3317 last year at Bewl Water. I was particularly interested as my car is YD 2961 and is of the same vintage. It was restored and bought as such by the present owner.He has all the pictures of its transformation. I think he is a novice owner,like myself.
It is 'as new' now with leather seats made by the a saddlemaker.

Regards

Chris

This my dad's YD,

I haven't got any YDs on my site yet, (there are now 130 reg. plates though).

Re: Re: Antiques Roadshow

Is that a blown RP?

See other thread superchargers DO fascinate

Re: Re: Re: Antiques Roadshow

curious why you call it a blown RP I have been led to beleave that 1931 saloons were RM`S with the cut-away door`s I could be wrong?
Jon

Yes it is blown, (it's my dad's car that he raced reliably in the 80s.) It's a Shorrocks blower with all sorts of other modifications going on.

Sadly it wasn't an option that Austin themselves offered!

Hi , Lee is the owner and Archie is the car . See the thread in austinsevenownersclub .

Re: Re: Antiques Roadshow

But ,did anyone notice it had a later radiator ,it should have been a screw on rad cap ,it had a "twist on "

Re: Re: Re: Re: Antiques Roadshow

Jon, what have you been smoking?. The car with &a on the door is neither a RL nor a RM, or for that matter a RN, it is a RP. And that gray thing under the bonnet looks awfull like a blower to me.

Is 'YD' a RM or a RL?, it has the same wings as my RL, but a pressed wing cowl, and a sunshine roof

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Antiques Roadshow

Hedd, not me that smokes, my RN smokes a bit on full choke I was refering to YD not the kit car