Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how old are Austin 7 owners

Hi. I'm 77 and restoring a 1927 chummy. Had to remake the floor pan, running boards, engine pans, front guard skirts, put new metal on bottom half of tub, wheel arches had to have 2 inches inserted as did the rear guards, new scuttle, new windscreen, new radiator surround and lots of other bits and pieces.
It is nearing completion and when it is, it will be my first drive of an Austin 7. I have a 1923 Bean 14 tourer and a 1956 MGA roadster

Re: how old are Austin 7 owners

Well I'm 43 and in the throws of restoring a 1931 RL Box Saloon, ageing daily/hourly as a result!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an exceptionally young looking, handsome and lithe

57 years young. Currently enjoying my Austin 7 'Swallow' saloon and Bayliss Thomas open tourer.

You'll want to read this post, (the same question, thread locked for some reason???).

And this one which is a summary of previous thread.

Wow...77 and first time in an A7....better late than never!! Im 24..been playing with austins since i was 6 and count myself very lucky to to play with my 1934 special, mothers 1928 Fabric Saloon and the car which i started on...fathers EA Sports No 81!! Is it just me or does one A7 seem to multiply...

I'm 24, so possibly represent the younger part of the a7 contingent!(with the greatest respect to those older and wiserthan me!!) Building up an ulster rep at mo, looking forward to eventually getting it on the road, and doing some trips to the continent: anybody else interested?!! also in the family we have a 27 chummy, 28 cup model and 28 Alvis 14.75 sports tourer.. was weened on a diet of old cars from an early age. ha ha

Nearly 60 and bought my (so far) only Seven 11 years ago. I have to admit I am starting to look at Box Saloons with a bit more attention these days.

I'll do my bit at keeping the averages down as well - 29 here!

Re: Re: how old are Austin 7 owners

24 for my sins!