Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
re ulster gearboxes

Thanks so much everyone for your useful advice/info thats answered my queries about the steering column lengths, but as far as the gearboxes are concerned; i looked in my a7 source book the other day and it says the early 3spd ball change boxes with 'reversed' gear change pattern(i.e. 1st bottom left, 2nd top right, 3rd bottom right) were used up until june 1930. whether they would have been used on the very early ulsters? any one have any idea?

Re: re ulster gearboxes

Hi Nick, as far as I am aware all the ulster boxes are like ours, 1st bottom right, rev top right etc etc same as our 1928 saloons gate change! BTW...have u copied my inlet manifold yet?

Re: Re: re ulster gearboxes

Hi Chris, great to hear from you, fraid i have been slogging away trying to get the car up as a rolling chassis!! nearly there so haven't started the manifold yet.Do you need it back imminently?? if so will send back to you asap! don't think will be starting it for quite some time!Sorry for not getting in touch earlier! will give you a ring over the next few days! Thanks for the gearbox advice!

Nick

Re: re ulster gearboxes

Thats ok Nick dont need it at the moment!! Just thought i would remind u you have it I know getting a car to resemble a car always seems to take longer than one thinks!! My special still only has half a body.....and collecting bits ...work just seems to get in the way ...does pay the bills though