Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The dangers of Motorsport...

This film was posted by the poor bloke involved, he added the following note:

Time to share my greatest moment - from July 1991 at Loton Park - now this IS a crash - and I remember it all - and if you are wondering - I didn't break any bones, just the windscreen - the video was taken by KL Speed Video.

Re: The dangers of Motorsport...

Ouch !!!

Re: Re: The dangers of Motorsport...

Double ouch!!!!

Don't think I will be tempted to race pre war stuff, after seeing that I know I won't be.
My Son races motorcycles, the big 1000cc superbikes, and loves every second of it, whereas I can barely watch him for fear.

Re: Re: The dangers of Motorsport...

I remember reading about this crash,I think it was the owners daughter driving at the time.She was taken to hospital where her reason for admission to A+E was'ejected out of a vintage racing car'.
She now has a copy of the admission slip on her wall.Beats being admitted for any other minor injuries!

Won't put me off.An accident is something you just don't think about when you're on the start line,in just the same way you don't think about an accident when you're driving on the road.If you worried that much you would never get out of bed.Incidently that sequence of bends at Loton can be tricky.

Ruairidh, That is a clip of my good friend Rebecca Gunn! Was nasty though due to her wearing motorbike leathers she was not badly hurt! Makes one think how fire proof overalls would fair..... I have been using that car over the past year in VSCC trials...super little car which has taked over 20 years abuse before she has finally expired on me on the last trial....deserved complete rebuild now!!

I remember this, because I was there that day. Two things, 1) I hope you are feeling better, Rebecca.
2) What is the loose item flailing around on the n/s front. I'd be very interested to know if its the tyre.

Rebecca,

sorry for calling you a "bloke", I am eating much humble pie!

Yours suitably red-faced,

Ruairidh