Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Greasers and clips

Can you advise me what type of nipple fits the A7 circa 1925, Also early cars seem to have brass band type hose clips. when were the Jubilee type clips first used? thanks

Re: Greasers and clips

The proper ‘Jubilee’ make of clip was first advertised as being a new idea in 1922, clips on early Sevens are similar but have a raised portion in the middle of the band, around 26 they seem to have been the brass (or nickel) ‘Enots’ double banded type I think the ‘Jubilee’ type was only used on the early thirties cars.

My 1925 Chummy has a conical type of grease nipple. They seem to be rather unusual. The more usual type is flatter with a small bump in the middle.

The Enots hose clips were nickel-plated. I think they were first used in 1936, but rather oddly, they listed three Enots-type clips and one jubilee-type clip in the 1936 List of Spare Parts.

Which c.1925 car do you have?

David

Enot-type clips are available from Willie McKenzie, top quality and a a good price! I have them on two of my cars and can reccomend Willie and his product.

Willie is on:

01202 625242

Good luck,

Cheer

Ruairidh