Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sports flywheel and tools

I had always thought that the EA Sports flywheel was lightened by the rear being radiused off from just behind the starter ring.Does anyone know different?
Has anyone seen the special Austin valve grinding tool that has a square end to locate in the slot in the base of the tulip valve head?I made one from an old screwdriver years ago but have never seen an original one.

Re: Sports flywheel and tools

David, I must admit I haven't considered this before, since all my flywheels are lightened one way or another. However, you may recall the photo of the blown engine with the strange "tappet chest dam". I've looked for the thread on here in vain, but looking at my copy of the picture it looks to me as if the flywheel is like a Chummy one.

I think the Dallas' car has its original flywheel. Perhaps Christopher can tell us if it is lightened in the way you describe?

Regards, Stuart

Re: Sports flywheel and tools

Good point will have a look at the pics and see! The flywheel on our car is the original, having the engine number stamped on it!....not sure if it is lightened though! will check pics tonight!

Re: Re: Sports flywheel and tools

Sorry for the slow return...I have looked through all the pics I took of the dismantled engine...and im afraid never took a pic of the flywheel which would show! As far as I am aware i dont think there was any sign of lightenening on the flywheel....will have a better look next time it comes off! or i can get my head under to see!! ;)