Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More on OL 166

Further to previous thread on OL 166, please check Austin Harris' photo of the 1925 Surbiton Clubs Grand Cup Trial. This confirms Steve's suggestion that a '24 factory sports may have worn that number for a time. It seems they got their money's worth out of those plates ! Chers, Bill in Oz

Re: More on OL 166

You can see all of the photos that have OL 166 in it here, I'm hoping that there are more to come and hopefully some of the Boulogne races.

It seems that OL plates were popular for competing Austins.

(I'm guessing that they are from the Birmingham area - I don't have the registration book in front of me at the moment.)

OL 3443 seems to have competed in nearly everything going (last photo I have put up is of it at Brooklands), it must have clocked some serious mileage...

OL 3418 & OL 3419 are in photos that I am yet to post from 1925 / 1924. Beatrice says that these may be works cars, (both Chummies as far as I can see.) They will go up in the next day or two.

Re: Re: More on OL 166

Yes, both OL3418 and 9 are scoop-scuttle Chummies, as is OL 3155 (Waite, as I mentioned in a previous posting). Another Works Chummy (scoop-scuttle) was PD 8?09 as driven by E.C.Gordon England. Sadly none of these appear on the Pramhood register as being still alive, but OL 3483 and OL 8375 do. Particularly with the former - I wonder? Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: More on OL 166

There are plenty of the OL Chummies coming up very soon!

Sadly though there is a fairly large chunk of plates missing, (approx. 600). The time that these cover is roughly May 1923 to July 1923. (All from the Autocar events archive.)

So no Boulogne Grand Prix amongst other things.

I am looking into where these could have possibly gone to but don't hold much hope. My guess is that a whole crate has gone somewhere.

If anyone sees any glass plates / photos with the numbers A1800 to A2400 scratched in the bottom do let me know!

Hopefully the plates from The Motor might give some images but they aren't very well organised.