Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seven interior

Hi, new to this forum.
I hope to land the buying of an 1936 Ruby by the end of the week.
Car was restored 10 years ago, and used up until ca 2004. Since den it has been stored outside, under cover.
It lookes quite good, engine turns willingly round, and both the body as well as the chassis seems to have coped pretty well with the storage.

But the interior is damaged.
It smells rally bad from wet and mold. And there are lots of mold spots all over.

Is it possibly to clean the interior in order to remove the smell, or is the only solution to scrap it and buy new? As the rest of the car looks pretty good, but still original, it would have been very nice to keep the interior as is - less the smell...

Thanksful for your replies..

Bjorn-Anders
Norway

Re: Seven interior

Over to you Mac as you have seen some realy bad things I am waiting for your knowlege to shine through (without the smells)

Hi Bjorn, Please try leaving a bowl of vinegar in the car for several days. You can also try wiping down the interior with a damp cloth sprinkled with white vinegar.Good luck, Mike

Also you may want to try a small bowl of dry coffe left in the car for a few days. It really works at getting rid of smells.

Hallo Bjorn, After Jons exortation I have some advice. I assume you have the car in the dry. Open all the windows and the sun roof. take all the seats out and the floor covering if it has some. Put a small fan heater inside and leave it running on a low heat out put for at least 72 hours. wash the seats with a soapy detergent,using water sparingly. Dry off with a towel. having removed the interior of the front cushions,and the back cushion. If these are rotten or too wet to use replace with granulated foam. let the seat material dry for some time. If leather treat with saddle soap. Do the same with the interior panels.I urge you.to try and save the inside. Hope this helps. good luck.Mac

Re: Re: Seven interior

Thanks everyone for the advices, I'll give it a try; first I need to buy the car...
I spoke to the sellers friend today (seller is sick from drug abuse and cancer...), and he should talk to the seller tomorrow evening. Hopefully I can have the car back home by the weekend