Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lamp Bracket

Re, Beaded edging around scuttle on early cars... by Ruairidh Dunford on the earlier posting, No one has made a comment on the lamp bracket arrangement, I don’t recall seeing the bolt on type bracket that this car has. If it is correct for an early car, when did the integral type bracket come in to production?

Re: Lamp Bracket

Ian - I noticed same thing, thought perhaps as the same car competed in several trials may have damaged/broken off intregal bracket and replaced with this unusual one. Notice the radius of the bend in the bracket also unlike any Seven photos I've seen. Rest of w'screen pillar seem kosher. Would be interested if anyone has seen similar elsewhere. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: Lamp Bracket

I haven't seen the other email from R dunford but there was a time in the 20's when the law was changed about the lights being up on the wind screen. They had to be lower down on the front wings. A year later the law then put it all back to Std. My farther had (I now have)A pair of replacments made by the works that bolt through the lower windscreen bolt hole to replace the fixed (then Sawn off) originals.

Re: Re: Lamp Bracket

That happened later in the 20s when Hampshire police complained that the lower position didn’t indicate the true width of the car, so back they went to the scuttle until late in 28 when the issue seemed to have been resolved.