Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reckless Rat

Reckless is now famous in France. There is a picture of him in his 1933 saloon in this week's La Vie De L'Auto, which is our weekly old car Buff's mag in France.

I was going to email him directly, but his email address is in the skip with my old computer, so I thought I would tell you all instead.

Re: Reckless Rat

Thanks for the update, Don!
A trip to the tabac tomorrow for me.

Re: Re: Reckless Rat

Congrats RR, but how about you or Don posting a photo of the photo here, please? (Perhaps I should explain that I like to think 1933 was a good year for most things, including Sevens!). Cheers, Bill in Oz

Re: Re: Re: Reckless Rat

Yes, I saw that in La Vie also, guessed it was Reckless Rat when it mentioned ex Policeman .I wonder how many Austin 7,s there are in France, I know of 4 in Dept22 and 3 in Dept 56.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reckless Rat

It is a long time since I posted a picture, so it took me a while. However, it keeps coming upside down for some reason, even when I flip the image and re-send it to the host.

I give up, you will just have to stand on your heads!

I'm in Dept. 47 and I know of no other 7's down this neck of the woods.

I sold my Morris Minor yesterday to a Frenchman in Toulouse, so there are now two MM convertibles there.

Photobucket

Don,

Having scanned and flipped the image you need to re-save the flipped image under a slightly different title i.e. say you had saved the un-flipped image as "Austin7", flip the image over then save that as "Austin 7a" - send this latter image file to the host - and it should work.

Jeff.

Thanks for posting the pic, Don. I haven't got a scanner so couldn't do it (other than by taking a photo of the photo with my digital camera and then posting it on photobucket.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

By the way, as a member of our local 'Comité des Fêtes' I'm organising an old car/bike do on the 4th May this year. Bob Humphries is coming across from the Tarn with his '32 saloon. Anyone else interested?

There'll be a run round the area (with a steep hill, of course!) plus a slap up binge at Mrs Miggins' pie shop (AKA the salle polyvalente) in the afternoon.

Contact me for details: bjl2634@orange.fr

Re: Re: Reckless Rat

I tried to put the car back on its wheels and this is what came out. Richard

Re: Re: Re: Reckless Rat

Well, you succeeded with the car, but seem to have picked up a wizard along the way. I had a hot date with a witch that night, so thought I ought to look smart!