Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Earthquake - PG 3935

Seem to recall reading it was reregistered in its Ulster bodied form post war.

Earthquake eventually ended up with Bill Williams who stripped out the best parts before selling it on to David Aldridge in 1937 approx. It was advertised as a 1934 Ulster. After the war it was acquired by a medical student, John Aldridge, David's brother who in turn had to sell it to pay for his college expences etc. By this time the car had been registered in Hertdordshire EUR 84. (Latterly a Luton plate.) John disposed of it locally and it seems to have gone to ground. I have a copy of the specs for the car at this time and will be pleased to provide these to anyone seeking information

Hi all,

This is all very usefull stuff for me, as I'm currently building a replica of this car in the earlier Le Mans form with the pre 25 chummy body. I'm hoping next year it'll be a competitive car, but I don't have much information on it - I only recently learned it was called earthquake (a name I find a little ironic for an Austin seven!) any further info of photos would be a massive help, as I will be hoping to start building a body for it soon and the details are important for eligibility.

Cheers!

Will

Austin's photo above hasn't opened up for me, but see here and here.

Here etc., because of copyright..

William,

As you see 'Earthquake' (probably quite a good name for a very noisy Chummy ) has been mentioned often on this forum- usually worth a search of the archive before asking about anything Austin 7 - a wonderful resource

Tony.

If I was building a replica of Earthquake I wouldn't start with a beautifully crafted Chummy body tub! By the time you have finished altering it you might as well make it from scratch yourself. If you study the photos of Earthquake, you will realise that the worse your metalworking skills are, the more authentic it will be. If you are starting with an Austin floorpan the difficult bit has been done.

Looking at Austin's photos there doesn't seem any point in incorporating a nearside door.That will save some work.
Dave.

Any comment about the tyres used in Brooklands gents?
Look like bikes? Enough grip with that?
Renaud (otherwise known here as "Le Renard of Brest")