Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin 7 Tractor

Re: Re: Austin 7 Tractor

correct.

why not 9?

ah realised the answer to my own question as I pressed post, duplication, assuming of course that in reality the actual ratios between the 2 boxes are identical rather than just theoretically identical, so it might actually be 9, just only slightly different.
I'll get my coat....

Oh! you little tease , you!

If one actually does the maths there are a total of ten forward ratios. But three of these are duplicated.

Thus the answer to your original question is indeed seven forward ratios.

Which are :

1 : 1
1.82 : 1
3.25 : 1
3.31 : 1
5.92 : 1
10.56 : 1
18.40 : 1

Mike

Well I never. I've learned something here. Clearly somebody should start a Pre-War A7 Tractor Club. (Don't tell me... there's one already is there?)

Haha,I hope the starter motor on the ebay tractor works because the crank handle wont!!

Unless the counterbalance is removeable

A 2 gearbox tractor used to take part in the PWA7C Peak Trials in the '70s. Surprisingly, you couldn't guarantee it cleared all the sections.
Or maybe it is still puttering up the last one yet....

Phil Merris in west Wales had a very nice tractor for years,indeed he may still have it.

One of the pix shows that it is :-)

Re: Re: Re: Austin 7 Tractor

C:Documents and SettingsWocUserMy DocumentsMy PicturesMaddie Chummy London Bowen100_0454.jpgC:Documents and SettingsWocUserMy DocumentsMy PicturesMaddie Chummy London Bowen100_0455.jpg here are the pics of my tractor :

Re: Re: Re: Re: Austin 7 Tractor

sorry, my computer wont let me post the pics, theres a fault with it, apologies