Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Posting photos

Martin,
In Photobucket, each picture you upload has a number of codes displayed underneath. I use the 'Direct Link' code for my avatar and the 'HTML' code to paste photo's on the forum.
I would imagine that if you didn't reduce the size of your images to around 500 pixels width (landscape) in Photoshop or its equivalent before uploading first to Photobucket and then the forum, some people's systems would be slowed down enough to cause irritation.

my project

cheers nigel I`ve also wanted to know how to do this.
I used this photo as a test.It`s the RTC body before it went on the frame and chassis.
PS that`s not my drive it`s sat on.The photo was taken in Germany before the body was repatriated.

Thanks Nigel, I'll try it.
Martin

Nigel, Joined Photobucket and got a code for HTML for a trial photo. What next? Do I copy and paste this code into,say a reply in the forum here? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm much better with a hand file and hacksaw!
Cheers, Dave. PS. I have searched through the past correspondence here but not come up with a solution. (Sorry Mac and Jason)

Dave,

That's exactly what you do. Don't forget you can preview your message and make changes any number of times to see if it all works before posting.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel.
Just a trial......034

Cracked it at last. Introducing Myrtle.
Thanks Nigel
Photobucket

Hm, let me try this, too..
Meet Ms Ruby, the day she arrived at my house:

Ruby hjemme på Ski

Bjorn, they look like extra fat tyres on the Ruby. Are they?
Martin

Just testing with a picture of my Dad and his Special
in about 1948-ish.
Martin
Photobucket

Re: Posting photos test avatar

Lets see if this avatar works?
Steve

For the benefit of those of us who live in areas without access to superfast megaspeed broadband, can I PLEASE ask you all to give consideration to reading Mike Whittome's excellent post of 11 March 2008 explaining how to post pictures as clickable thumbnails.

I append a copy below.

Mike Whittome
Putting Thumbnail Pictures on the Forum - version 4 – 11 March 2008

Herewith the latest iteration with another couple of amendments/corrections and typo removals. There has also been a slight change to the Photobucket site, which is now incorporated ! (now 4 buttons)

This is a method of putting clickable thumbnail pictures on the Forum which I hope may be of use. Certainly a picture is worth a thousand words when it comes to describing bits of ‘Longbridgeania’. I hope it will encourage others to post on the Forum; if it does not work first time – so what – have another go. Nobody’s counting.

Firstly – to get the pictures onto the web .....

Install and open a free-account photo-hosting site. ‘Photobucket’ is good, and may be found at …..
http://photobucket.com/

Be prepared with a user name and a password, and then register on the site. Keep a note of the accepted name and password.

It might be helpful to bookmark your ‘Photobucket’ page at this stage

Upload the digital pictures you are going to require from your own computer to your new ‘Photobucket’ album. The instructions on the ‘Photobucket’ site are very simple and easy to follow (read them twice if necessary!!!) Once loaded your pictures are displayed at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to find them.

Now then - To place a picture on this Forum .....

Go to your ‘Photobucket’ album and CLICK in the small box immediately below left each of the pictures which you require.

Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and find four buttons. CLICK on the right-hand one which is marked “Generate HTML and IMG Code”.

A new screen will open. This is headed “Generated HTML, Ebay, and IMG Code”. It contains five full-screen-width options. The top one is the one required for our purpose. This is entitled “HTML clickable thumbnails for Ebay, Livejournal, MySpace, etc. - recommended”.

The option will contain a lot of gobble-de-gook HTML code, which you do not need to understand! Highlight ALL of the code in this box (it may not all be immediately visible) RIGHT CLICK and COPY.

Now go to the Forum, and open a Reply or Post box in the normal way. RIGHT CLICK and PASTE the code into your response. It should commence with the word "centre", and end with "/centre", both in angle brackets.

You may now type lines of text above the code or below, but do not disturb the actual code when once you have entered it.

And finally .....

May I suggest that you print off these notes in order that you have a hard copy to hand.

It is worth taking a look at the excellent illustrated instructions on the ‘Photobucket’ site itself. CLICK “Help” on the blue banner at the top of the opening screen. This brings up “Help Centre: Tools and Tips”. CLICK “Tutorials”. Look at “Uploading a single image” and “ Uploading multiple images” in particular.

QED and very E&OE

Considerable thanks are once more due to Nigel Hammond for originally drawing our attention to this method of livening up our daily read, and for writing up the original instructions. I have only enlarged on these in the light of my own experience, and the suggestions of others

Mike

PS
As an aside, you may notice that when the thumbnail has been clicked to full size, and when the cursor is over the picture it becomes a small plus sign (+). Clicking again at this point will further enlarge the image.

Thanking you all in advance

Martin J Booth

Ref: to the large tyres on Bjorn's Ruby.

If it is a true "Export" Ruby it would have been fitted with 16" wheels (with a flatter looking edge to the rim) which may explain why the tyres look so "fat". It would also have a four blade fan and a gauze filter over the intake of the carb'.

Cheers

Ruairidh

Just had a closer look at Bjorn's photos on Photobucket which confirm that it is an Export Ruby. Left hand drive, twin cables to the front brakes, with un-coupled-type handbrake.

A rare find.

Cheers

R

test image
Colander One near Lydford

Martin (Booth)

It looks like photobucket has changed since Mikes instructions!

I have just been experimenting and have found the following worked for me.....

Open up a photobucket account and download pics etc etc .
Looking at you album will give options besides each picture, BUT the default setting for me was "full size image".
I clicked on "more share options" and then opened up the "get link code" tab. You now have the option of 2 tick boxes for each type of link. I now ticked the "clickable thumbnail" on the "html for websites and blogs" section. By saving this setting I now have altered my preferences so that whenever I select the "html code" option now it will default to the clickable thumbnail setting!

It sounds worse than it is, just have a look and you will find it quite straightforward!

Steve.

Many thanks to all for the explanation of how to post a picture and avatar. The avartar is of Austin and me togged up for the 1940s.
With any luck you should be looking at one of the horrors uncovered during a back axle rebuild.
The brake pillar has broken and has been brazed back without cleaning all the rust off, resulting in a very partial joint.
The pillar has been turned over to show the amount of contact.
Bodge exposed

Oh dear, I've been overtaken by the new technology (again) before I've even mastered the old one, but thanks for the updated instructions Steve

Martin J Booth

t.com/albums/ac116/wortled1/?action=view¤t=paandchummy_0001.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
Thanks Steve, Trying your instructions. Picture shows my dad,Albert and his 1926(?) chummy in 1933-ish.This was his first car. His second (and last)car is WJ 3246 in the previous picture.
Cheers, Dave

I think Mike Whittome has mentioned this in another posting, but if you don't want people to see the whole of your Photobucket album as well as the pic you're posting on the forum you should remove the following section from the code once you have pasted it:

?action=view & current=

John

Ok John.Thank you.
Dave

Dave, can't get your pic to open up large when I click it. Did you post it as a clickable thumbnail?
Nice pic though .

Steve

Photobucket

Steve, Try this. It now enlarges when I click on it. I used Mike's instructions as posted by Martin Booth.
Cheers, Dave

So how do you do post photos from Flickr?

Thats working fine for me Dave .

Steve