Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Box Saloon Paint Scheme

Later this year my Box Saloon will be going to a paint shop. I've looked at lots of pictures and there is a variation in paint schemes:
Top of the bonnet and windscreen surround in the same colour as below the waist and top of the bonnet and windscreen in black. Can anyone confirm the way they were delivered from the factory.
If the bonnet top was black were the dashboard and door cappings in the (below waist) colour?

Re: Box Saloon Paint Scheme

What model box do you have,

It is a 1933 RP saloon which will be maroon/black.

John McCartney
.....Top of the bonnet and windscreen surround in the same colour as below the waist.......If the bonnet top was black were the dashboard and door cappings are in the (below waist) colour

Just back from my travels and....

That is correct - Rinsey Mills Book 'Original Austin Seven' has some clear pictures of the correct colour scheme(s).

I also have one or two pictures.....

Sandy Croall
Registrar RP Saloon Register.

Thanks Sandy

I Would concure with Sandy

Providing of course it's a De-Luxe RP Saloon and not a Standard Saloon - they were all one colour....

That's correct Reckless, I should have thought of that, especially as I have one of each......

Sandy

Yes it is a De-luxe with a sliding sunroof.
Thanks for the input.