Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1930 Works Austin team at Brooklands

I know Jon Hinchcliffe has been invited to take his very original Ulster. But it is not a works car..

Well we saw the cars yesterday and it was surprisingly good!

GW 82 and David Howe's cars were the TT cars, was nice to see them side by side, another 3 "normal" Ulsters, (VE 4492, GH 23 and another) were there as well along with a Super Sports special and Mrs Jo Jo.

They had copied some photos from the family album that were displayed in the "pit" that were interesting.

Shame not to see them being driven but I guess the revival isn't about that era!

AUY 496

AUY 496
AUY 496

AUY 496
AUY 496

GW 82

GW 82

GW 82
GW 82

GW 82

VG 2409

GH 23
GH 23

VE 4492

VE 4492
VE 4492

VE 4492

Cracking pictures Mister Harris!
Thanks for posting those, particularly the detail shots, I've never really longed to own an Ulster or even a replica for that matter, but I love to see them...as you say, it was a shame not to see them blasting around the track.

The two ulsters owned by Steve Hodgson and Dr James Anderson both went round the track early friday morning Fun was had by all!

Henry,

Gobsmacked I think is the term. Thank you- I will go and lie down for a while.

Tony.

We had a splendid weekend . Most of the cars did two laps on both Saturday and Sunday morning in the opening parade.

My car is GH23 which competed at Brooklands in 1931 and 1932

There are a couple of Austin Pictures in the behind the scenes report on the Sportscar Digest website including this action shot:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/gallery/goodwood-revival-2010-behind-the-scenes/d3s_2649.jpg

Wonder if my beard does that..