Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Austin Seven Caravan...

I intend to be in Kilburn at first light!

Hi all, I came across this forum and discussion point while doing a little research on the Rice Folding Caravans.

I have one of the smaller Rice folding vans which my late father bought with the intention of restoring to tow behind a '32 Tickford Cabriolet, which is fitted with a basic tow bar.

Unfortunately, ill health took its toll and it is still in the same condition as when he bought it. The reason for my research was to find out a little about the Rice before listing it on ebay, as I now have to trim down my collection of vehicles and accessories a little; there is only so much I can cope with!

If anyone is interested in my Rice it should soon be listed on ebay.... (The Tickford may be as well but I haven't definitely decided on that one yet!) or email me at davidpreece1@hotmail.com and I can send you some pics.

Readers wearing anoraks may be interested to know, Stanley Edge designed and patented a tow hitch for Rice Caravans in 1934. In recognition of the instant clamor for pictures this news will generate, I will try to find my copy. cheers Russell

More photos form the old HD showing internals of a Rice...

photo P1010017_zps6b88eb2e.jpg

photo P1010014_zps9377f3c1.jpg

photo P1010016_zps95db4f1a.jpg

photo P1010013_zps41cdd10d.jpg

photo P1010015_zps8232fe93.jpg

photo fs_17205_zps310caa75.jpg

And another A7 towed Van...

photo Caravan_zpsfd5822c8.jpg

Another gem from Ian Moorcraft at 1971 Beaulieu, this one has a flock of birds in the background for Tony P to enjoy

photo Mullinerandcaravan_zpsdfc6080c.jpg

A very old friend of ours shows a Rice, he tows it about with a Clyno

1 2