Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chummy Car horn

II Dont know if I am allowed to do this !But has anyone a Klaxet, Klaxon,or Rist vintage car horn in working order that I might purchase, fair price to pay.

Re: Chummy Car horn

SALES AND WANTS

Willie McKenzie sells repro. Rist ones. You can get him on: 01202 625242.

If your looking for a horn, are you 6 or 12 volt? if 12 volt there are plenty on Ebay.

6V are rarer and thus more expensive, it depends if you want the sound of a Rist/Klaxon, or the appearance, if the latter, then Willies are the bee's knee's, if it's the sound your after then hunting about on Ebay, or contacting our cherished suppliers for an original Rist, Klaxon, or similar is the way - I've had a couple of excellent (and to me, sensibly priced) similar 1920's 6v horns from one of our cherished suppliers, just a phone call (or two) away.

Sandy who are the cherished suppliers?

Mac, or somebody, please help re. Cherished Suppliers......

I'm told Sandy's been locked in a trunk, but I can hear the screams,
even this far away, and I'm still running.... . .

Cherished suppliers:

http://www.austinsevenfriends.com/services.html

original austin 7 riste horn in very nice condition.on www.7ca.co.uk

under second hand parts.

Most people just say Chummy and give the year, the spec changed so much in the 1920's
The AD type appears to refer to the body tub, which was used from 1926 to 1930. During that period Austin made other changes, changing the engine from Mag to Coil, having a chrome radiator, and moving the lights. The chrome rad and lights on the radiator on this car say it is a 1930 Model Year style car. So would have a coil engine.