Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 1928 'Special' - Ebay Gem

Austin 7 1928 'Special'

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230647613666

I have asked the following question of the seller as I could not resist.

"Are you sure its only an Austin 7? The headlamps look like they are off a Fordson Dexta. Although I must say it has a lot of 7's on it."

How many other cars or tractors can you identify?

Re: Austin 7 1928 'Special' - Ebay Gem

Tempted to ask for picture of wife......

First my apologies to Tony Press on the Topic Kent Reg. Nos., I will reply, but after a long night imbibing with terrific music and gyrating bodies at eye level, I'm not able to give a sensible reply.....

However on this topic here, the 1928 Brookland's Chassis No. 5TC14150, well I'm not sure about 5TC, possibly a DVLA local office code when the car was claiming it's historic Reg. No., but ironically 14150 would bring it to around Jan./Feb. 1928, but where that chassis is under that lot I don't know.

But it looks a fun car AND it appears there may be an extra marital facility, for as the seller states "(I’ll throw the wife in too!)", hopefully just hand her over rather than throw or there may be a claim for damaged goods - I wonder what the escape clause is in the pre-nup agreement.

Right 0.50am, dogs are looking at me to go walkies and it's a light drizzle outside.....
Don't you just love west Cornwall.

Decided it would be easier to look for A7 parts rather than identify all the others.

Radiator shell.

Ok guys over to you!

I would have thought that the badges etc prevent any air getting through the radiator

You wouldn`t suppose that the fullsome young lady in the pictures at the side of photo bucket link pictures are of his wife are they.

Interesting car - the badges alone should be worth something! Love the petrol tank.

I can't think of anything that I might want to do that it would be eligible for but, if it's MOT'd, for £6K it could be a fun "drive down the pub" car for someone.

Ian Mc.