Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Devon Austin Seven Club website.

Hi all

Devon A7 club now has a web site!

Please feel free to take a look, it is new so there is not a huge amount on there at the moment, but it should fill out with time.

http://www.devonsevens.co.uk/index.html

All the best

Stuart

Re: Devon Austin Seven Club website.

Congrats, Stuart,

But on the News page it says "..Club runs have suffered this year from the poor `summer` weather,..."
We must have creamed it off as it passed us in Cornwall, one of the best Summers yet,
ok agreed a week or two has been bad, normally the week visitors come down ..

Hi Sandy

The nasty wet and windy days all seem to have coincided with club runs!

Beautiful here for the last couple of weeks, just not much wind for my other hobby, sailing.

Stuart.

PS :- Shouldn't the flag be a little bit lighter green, it almost looks like St. Piran's at the moment!!!!!

Congratulations and best wishes from the Bristol Austin Seven Club on getting your website up and running. We will ask our web master to add you to our list of links.

Ron

Congratulations on your web site now that it is up and running, from a gratefull South Wales club member, remember Beaulieu 750 rally this year..

Thank you all for your kind words.

I am glad to report that DA7C is contiuing to grow and now has upwards of 50 members, many them not previously members of any A7 specific club.

All the best

Stuart.

Stuart, do you know if those cars that have come in from the cold are on The Register, I wouldn't mind a list of your Club's cars to check, I normally work in MSExcel..... drop us an email sometime please.

Sandy Croall
A7CA Registrar
Member Cornwall A7 Club.

Hi Sandy

I belive there are plans afoot to gather the information.

Even some of my Fathers cars are either not on the register or still under previous owners details. I will get you the details as soon as possible.

All the best

Stuart

Hello from planet Zorg!

I am trying to locate present whereabouts of my old yellow 1928 A7 'Chummy' AD Tourer, Reg YW 6916 which I owned about 1964/5 and I think is now listed with 'club 13', wherever that is.

can you help? can we find the present owner? can you point me in the right direction? Any help will be a help!

kind regards,Mike Tweedie Mike@manorbarn.co.uk

Mike,

Club 13 is listed as the Van Register, you can get in touch with them on: r.f.edge@talk21.com

Having said that I see that the car you mention above, in the current Register, is noted under Club 19, The Pre War Austin Seven Club, you can get them on: marylyn.wright@googlemail.com

Hope this helps.

On the DVLA's Vehicle Enquiry pages YW 6916 is shown as Yellow and date of liability 1/11/2014, so presumably this means it's on the road, and still yellow - first registered 13/6/1928.

And for those who find the whole DVLA a maze and haven't found the Vehicle Enq. pages, it's here :-https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s3

Of course you could use the other tyre fitters etc., pages too, recommended in previous topics.

R,

This vehicles is also shown as Club 13 on the new post 'Sandy' online chassis register.

Edit: Apparently as of February 2014, club 13 is now the Pre War Austin 7 Club - see A7CA website and download the 'Revised A7CA Club Reference Number System'

Similar to the other enquiry YW 6916 isn't on the mycarcheck.com database either.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Thanks Jeff.

Digging up and old post!

What's happened to the Devon Seven Club web site? It seems to have been half built then it has ground to a halt (sounds familiar!) shame, because I'm rattling down there in a few weeks and was hoping to see what might be going on...

Hi Ivor

I am no longer a member of Devon A7 club, a long story, but you are welcome to visit us in Teignmouth. Club nights are as far as I know still on the second Monday of the month at the Penn Inn, Newton Abbott.

The web site was being built as a favour by someone, who knew someone, it got so far then nothing....
I was trying to encourage them to spend a small amount to have the site professionally maintained, run and hosted. However I understand there was another friend of a friends, niece's best mate, who would do it for free, the result of which you can see.

Stuart

Sandy,
Our register is as up to date as possible and all info is on the A7CA register.
I know this cos I do it. Happy to confer.

Thanks Stuart, I'll drop you an email, my last surviving uncle lives in Starcross, so not a million miles away!

Don't forget the original posting was -

Sandy Croall

Feb 13, 2014 - 11:08PM

We haven't heard from Sandy for some time- is everything alright ?

Tony.

He probably hasn't returned home from the Legion in Mousehole yet!

Tony Press
Don't forget the original posting was -

Sandy Croall

Feb 13, 2014 - 11:08PM

We haven't heard from Sandy for some time- is everything alright ?

Tony.

I asked that question of the Cornwall Club a few weeks ago and was reassured that Sandy was fine. Maybe he has just got fed up with the Forum?

Ian Mc.

Sandy occasionally posts on the 'Austin Seven' Facebook Group page - he commented on a posting just last Thursday, 24th March. So does Brian Murrish who similarly used to post on here.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England