Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oil Spec

Strange this thread should appear as I was about to ask the self same question as to what oil I should be putting into my newly acquired 33 RP Box. I have no idea whats in it at the moment and want to start with the right stuff.
Not wanting to hi-jack this thread but maybe someone could advise me via elwood1996@sky.com

Many Thanks
Paul

Hello Paul, I have sent you an email.

Perhaps the MANAGEMENT could put some sort of an automatic "diversion" system into this website so that the very mention of OIL brings up the Search button for the Subject, with it's previous dozens & dozens of submissions/theories/guesses on oils? It gets nauseating reading the same things said over and over and over again. Hope this helps. Cheers, Bill

Bill, you mean something like a FAQ's page ...

I have that request on this Forum as a 'Function Button' on my keyboard.

Unfortunately the ManAgeMent seem deaf to any such requests.

Perhaps they are too busy enjoying their 7's..

I think 'nauseating' is a bit strong. The purpose of my original question was only intended to invite discussion on the poor lubrication properties of the nippy crank and whether a particular oil suited it - hopefully from other nippy owners, thats all.

David
I think 'nauseating' is a bit strong. The purpose of my original question was only intended to invite discussion on the poor lubrication properties of the nippy crank and whether a particular oil suited it - hopefully from other nippy owners, thats all.

Run Castrol R40 or an the equivalent.

I wouldn't let Bill's unfortunate choice of words get to you David.

Perhaps there ought to be a "sticky" which contains the many, varied and indeed extensive threads on the subject of oil that have appeared on the Friends forum over the years.

I stick with straight 30 myself, particularly when I'm not altogether sure of the cleanliness of the motor's internals.

Thank you