Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MOTs to go

Ray, the cursory MOT sounds a bit naughty! I hadn't thought of that one as an unintended consequence.

Both the RP and my son's A35 have just passed their "voluntaries" with no advisories, but I'm confident that they both got a thorough inspection.

I'd continue to urge everyone to keep on getting their cars tested and to complain if it isn't done properly.

All very well but we have an RN saloon first registered 18 January 1982 according to the DVLA. In fact it was first registered 50 years earlier and I still have the tax discs from when I used it in the 1960s.

Dave, have you explored the possibility of legal action?

Often, a Solicitor's letter alone threatening proceedings is sufficient to concentrate the minds of officials.

If that doesn't exact a suitable response, I would enquire with the "no win , no fee" lawyers to see if they could help.

Is there a complaints ombudsman who you could contact?

You may not wish to go to law or cause a fuss but perhaps that is what those responsible are banking on.

Ray.

Hi Dave. I think you will find it is not the date of first registration but the date of manufacture that is important. My own 1936 Ruby V5C states date of first registration as 01/05/1981, but section 3 ( Special Notes )on the front page states Was registered and/or used. Declared manufactured 1936.

Thanks Phil, I hadn't spotted section 3 special notes : Was registered or used. Declared manufactured 1932. A rather strange statement especially as they had the original log book which they destroyed.

Dave mann
Thanks Phil, I hadn't spotted section 3 special notes : Was registered or used. Declared manufactured 1932. A rather strange statement especially as they had the original log book which they destroyed.

I have just 'Taxed' two of my Austin 7's that have not been on the road for a total of 106 years.

The process requires that firstly you have a V5C or V5C/2.

Insure the car. You do not need to produce documents.

Download and complete form V112, declaration of exemption from MoT

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/333128/V112_150514.pdf

Take V5C or V5C/2 and V112 to your local Post Office where you should be given a white printed receipt for

'DVLA MVL Services'

The licence start will be the 1st of that month and the cost total will show as £0.00

That's it.

You will receive an updated V5C in the post.

If you don't have a V5C or V5C/2 it will be more difficult in degrees depending on what documentation you have.

If you have a V5 (Rev. Jan 76) it will need to be sent to the DVLA with form V62

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/360103/V62_220714.pdf

That should produce a V5C.

If you only have an R.F. 60 or VE. 60 Registration Book you will need to apply for a V5C with document V62.

You might be lucky.

Without any of these documents you're buggered.

WOW!

I am pleased to see that your system is so much simpler and better than our Club Permit registration scheme!!!

Tony.

1 2