Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Golden jubilee members cars book.

Yes, Thank you from myself also. Well done PWA7 Club.

The postman has just left mine and I agree with the previous comments;stunning and something to keep for a long time.

Yes I totally agree, what an excellent idea, very well done PWA7C for a great publicaton.

A superb publication. Never realised there were so many Austin 7 variants.
A credit to everyone who was involved in the production.

David Rawlinson

(Nearly the furthest north Austin 7 in England)

Thanks you all for your kind comments. We at PreWar are very satisfied with the book.
To clarify for non members, it comprises 60 A4 sized gloss pages with around 900 colour photos of our members cars and published in celebration of the Club's 50th anniversary.
A limited number of copies are available and may be had from Dave Lucas, 46 Lindsey Drive, Holton-le-Clay, Grimsby. DN36 5HE for £13.50 post paid.
Cheques payable to " PWA7C ".
Along with Brian, mentioned above, Dave had a big hand in the production.

It's a lovely publication and I can now put quite a few Forum users to their cars.

Favourites are, John Cutriss' Box, Simon Holders Pick and Chummy and Will Maw and His Fabric Saloon.

Well done to all involved!

I shall just have to wait until a spare copy comes up on Ebay..
OK, the 3rd one, after the silly winning bid one has gone...

Just received my copy, takes longer to get down south !

What a marvellous publication, thanks go to all involved.

Location: Colchester - home of a Green Pearl - less an engine.

Hi
Interesting to see the cars that have turned up in this publication. (Two of the three Sevens I have previously owned are in it, along with my current car.)

Out of interest, I counted up the numbers of different models represented as it is hard to tell what is there by just looking though. The totals are (about):

Saloons:
10 Top Hats, 20 RKs, 168 Box saloons, 33 Ruby Mk1s and 87 Ruby Mk 2s, 2 B-Type Coupes, 7 Swallows, 1 Pytchley (replica) and a couple of Specials.

Open cars:
Chummys - 4 AB, 10 AC, 96 AD, 25 AE, 29 Chrome Rad and 6 Cowled Rad.
Two Seaters - 9 Boat tails, 21 Chrome Rad (Opal), 18 Opal Cowled Rad.
Cabriolets: 10 early Pearls and about 15 later ones.

Sports: 3 Vintage, 4 Mulliners, 40 Ulsters (including replicas), 5 Speedys, 44 Nippys, plus 3 Brooklands, 10 Gordon England (various), 13 racing cars and 76 Specials.

Vans: 4 Vintage, 7 Chrome Rad, 2 Cowled Rad.

Also, 6 Pick ups, 12 Big 7s, an LR2 and an LR 4 Rosengart and 1 Bantum.

I would perhaps have expected to see more Ruby Mk 1s, given the number made ’34-‘36 – something closer to the number of Mk 2s?

Regards
Colin

Interesting piece of analysis, Colin. Thanks for that.
The Club has around 1050 members and despite repeated requests in our Magazine, not everybody, for a variety of reasons, responded. Therefore there may be a higher proportion of Mk 1 models in the Club than suggested.
I don't think our Registrar has ever sorted " our " cars by type.

We accept there are a few descriptive errors but we are very pleased with the book as are most people whom we speak to.

Chris Garner. PWA7C

Hi Chris
It is good to see from the pictures that so many of the cars in the club are on the road (or track) and get out and about.
Regards
Colin

Given the rather slow uptake by members to submit details of their cars, the finished publication is wonderful.
It is strange that some members declined to have their Austin 7's in the book, which is a limited publication amongst fellow enthusiasts, yet they are happy to take the same vehicles to shows where thousands of the 'general public' can crawl all over them!
The book proves the theory that there are no two Austin 7's the same?

Hi Chris,I am one of those that should hang my head in shame. It is with great regret that I did not submit the photo's of my mk1 Ruby and mk1 RTC special. I had every intention of doing so but alas did not. In my defence for the past year or more I have been working very long hours seven days almost every week. Leaving little free time to think let alone work on my cars!
Regards Ian.

Here is one of the Ruby Mark 1s that got away...

Photobucket